Where to eat in Moshi Kilimanjaro
Enjoy the Local Restaurants
There are lots of great restaurants and cafes in Moshi. A few of my favourites include:
- Indo Italiano: This is one of my favourites and I eat here every time I pass through Moshi. They serve Italian and Indian food. I usually order a pizza with curry sauce on the side to dip my pizza crust in!
- More Than A Drop Restaurant: One of my favourites. The restaurant at More Than a Drop serves great vegetarian food and it’s also a vocational school training young women in the hospitality industry.
- Pamoja Cafe: A mix of local and international. They hold karaoke, cocktail and barbecue nights every Thursday.
- Fifi’s: Nice cafe with good burgers, salads, sandwiches and smoothies. Free Wifi.
- Union Coffee: One of the most popular hangouts in town. Menu includes sandwiches, salads and cakes. Best coffee in town.
- Kilimanjaro Coffee Lounge: Relaxed atmosphere and a good selection of food, including sandwiches, pasta, soup and salad. Great coffee.
- Maembe Cafe: Maembe is Swahili for mango and the restaurant is named after the mango trees found in the garden of this restaurant. they serve a good mix of food.
- Secret Garden Hotel: I’ve stayed here a couple of times and they have a nice restaurant and bar with views of Kilimanjaro.
- Green Bamboo Restaurant: Good place for nyama choma (roasted meat).
- Jay’s Kitchen: Really popular restaurant, serving Korean food.
- Milan’s: Indian vegetarian restaurant, popular with both locals and visitors.
- Kili Kahawa Lounge: Serving a mix of foods including burgers, sandwiches, salads, African dishes and snacks.
- Taj Mahal: Popular local spot which serves things like miskaki (meat kebabs), grilled chicken, chips mayai and Zanzibar pizza.
- East Africa Pub: Great place for nyama choma including, mbuzi (goat) and kuku (chicken) and the local staple, ugali.
- Mimosa: Popular restaurant on the edge of Uhuru Park, they have a varied menu and hold regular events. Nice place for brunch.
- El Rancho: From the name, you might think that this was a Spanish or Mexican restaurant, however, it’s known as one of the best Indian restaurants in town.
- Chrisburgers: Mixed menu including western foods like burgers, to local specialities like samosas and great juices.
- Ubuntu: Cute cafe offering a range of food, including vegan, veggie and gluten-free options.
- Rau Pub: Great place for local nyama choma (barbecued meat).
- Afrika House Moshi: Popular backpacker spot, near to Rafiki Backpackers.
- Mama Freddies: Great local Swahili food. Also near to Rafiki Backpackers.
- Pandya Tea Room: Rumoured to have the best samosa in town.
- The Kitchen Flavour Restaurant: Nice place with great food and a great atmosphere. Veggie and vegan options.
More Kilimanjaro Travel Ideas:
Planning your trip? Whether you’re looking for things to do in Kilimanjaro such as events and attractions, key traveller information to make your Kilimanjaro visit run smoothly or are planning where to stay in Kilimanjaro, you’ll find everything you need for your Kilimanjaro holiday on Our Website. Kilimanjaro City Travel guide has the information about latest events not to miss while you visit Kilimanjaro – there’s always something going on, so don’t miss out on the latest exhibitions, shows and more on your trip to Kilimanjaro.
Discover the best day trips from Kilimanjaro or try one of the best tours Iringa and nearby regions. If you’re here as a family, you’ll find plenty of things to do in Kilimanjaro with kids and find suitable accommodation such as Kilimanjaro holiday apartments. Whether you’re looking for the best weekend breaks in Kilimanjaro or planning a longer holiday in Tanzania, you can be sure you’ll find all the information you need.
Tanzania Travel Guide| Climb Kilimanjaro and Meru | Beach Holidays | Dodoma Travel Guide |Dar-es-salaam Travel Guide |Mwanza Travel Guide | Tanga Travel Guide | Mbeya Travel Guide | Arusha Travel Guide | Tanzania Safari and Tours | Msalato -Dodoma Transfers | African Safari Questions and answers | Iringa City Guide |Morogoro City Guide |Kilimanjaro City Guide |Volunteers Guide |Volunteer Tanzania |Serengeti Safari Tours